Thursday, June 14, 2007

Catching up



















Yes, it has been a while. I have been neglecting my blog. Yes, I have been busy. Yes, I have been working hard and yes, life is happening. We are all fine and happy and working hard.

Recently we added a new puppy to our clan. Her name is still evolving. We began with Charity, her name given to her by the breeder. A friend later suggested Carita, which means gift in Italian. My husband Vince decided to call her Janis for reasons I will not mention. Then she began responding to Baby but we went back to Carita.

However, my DH is now calling her Carissa. Better than Janis since we do have a neighbor by that name, different spelling.

The new puppy is a beautiful blue fawn Italian Greyhound who will be around 8 lbs, maybe a little more fully grown. I fetched her from her breeder on the way back home from the Columbus OH TNNA trade show. We Red Roofed it for one night and resumed the 8 hour that turned into almost 10 hours with Road "D"estruction. Welcome to Pennsylvania!

Here she is giving me the High Four in her travel crate ready to leave the Red Roof in West Virginia.




We arrived late on Tuesday the 5th of June. Baby was welcomed by our other Italian Greyhound Phyllis who we will now call the "Boss" and our Lana, the sweet Springer mix.



All is well for now.

Here are some pictures of our first full day home.

In her bed. She likes to drag toys in her bed.


Sleeping with Phyllis and cleaning her ears. Amazing for day one at home.



And the last one of her trying to tell Lana it is time to wake up.


Nothing sweeter than a new puppy. She is now a little over 4 months old.

No comments: